WorkChew is looking to add a full-stack engineer to our rapidly growing team. This will be an early hire for our engineering team and this position will be responsible for supporting the scale of our products and services. This position has the opportunity for equity ownership, growth, and will have a material impact on our company.
WorkChew’s goal is to empower remote professionals by providing them with a platform that helps them find and book on-demand workspace in less than 3 minutes. WorkChew is revolutionizing how and where people find workspace.
We are a small and fast-moving team and are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help build and scale our web application and platform including infrastructure and devops.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will have direct contact with the company’s technical advisors.
About the Lead Software Engineer Position
- To accelerate the product release lifecycle by owning the development and deployment of key features across web and mobile.
- Also, to own and optimize the internal QA and external bug reporting process, reducing deployed bugs.
Lead Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Become a trusted member of our team that can be relied upon for development and deployment of key features within our product roadmap
- Write clean, maintainable code with enterprise-quality engineering including design reviews, code reviews, documentation, end-to-end automation and deployment
- Create a repeatable process for building, testing, and launching new feature
- Contribute ideas, creativity, and solutions to improve and strengthen our product roadmap
- Develop and deploy a top-tier tech support channel for our partners and clients
- Discover, recommend, and implement a tracking system that quantifies time between bug identification and resolution
- Reduce the time between bug identification and resolution
- Become an expert on our system hierarchy, structure, capabilities, roadmap, and knowledge
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding of WorkChew tech and tech strategy in order to serve as a leader for next round of hires
- Build and own the internal QA process to ensure high quality, efficient deployments through automated testing
- Create a QA plan that accounts for resources, timing, and go/no-go standards
- Analyze, design and implement requested features on the web application back-end and front-end
- Analyze, design and implement requested features on the mobile application interface and API layer.
- Perform routine dev-ops procedures on Cloud provider.
- Implement automated testing for web and mobile platforms.
Lead Software Engineer Requirements
- Python: 2 year (Preferred)
- Django: 2 year (Preferred)
- React: 2 year (Preferred)
- React Native: 2 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Lead Software Engineer Traits
- 2-4 years of web/mobile software development
- Great understanding of data structures and optimizing algorithms to support a large-scale platform
- Working knowledge and experience of Python programming language
- Working knowledge and experience of Django framework
- Working knowledge and experience of relational databases
- Working knowledge and experience of React/Native React Framework
- Working knowledge and experience of Cloud computing and AWS in particular
- Working knowledge of software development best practices
- Interest in learning new technologies
Why Should You Join Team WorkChew?
- Join at the ground level of a rapidly growing company revolutionizing the future of work
- We offer competitive salaries and equity packages
- Unlimited Paid Time Off – we believe time off is crucial to your overall happiness and well being
- Fully remote team that knows what it means to develop and support remote talent
- In addition to a top-of-the-line work laptop, you’ll get unlimited access to WorkChew locations with monthly private office credits.
- Monthly Uber Eats stipend because working and chewing is important =)
- We love to have fun - like virtual escape rooms and margarita workshops!
- We’ll support your professional growth - from sending you to events that interest you, or exposing you to areas of the business you want to explore
WorkChew is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
If you submit an application, you confirm that you are able to legally work in the United States, and do not require visa sponsorship. WorkChew is unable to sponsor visas at this time.